Senior UI Designer [Anno] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Senior UI Designer on our team, your player-focused mindset allows you to conceptualize intuitive menus whose look and feel encompass our game's overall creative vision. Working as both, a hands-on designer and a direction-providing mentor for less experienced colleagues, you ensure that the game experience remains intuitive, immersive and provides our players with the right information at the right time. At times you might also engage in the design of icons and support us with interface related graphic design.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Lead UI Designer to conceptualize and design menus and HUD elements
- Adapt and develop graphic design and motion graphic solutions fitting to Anno's visual style
- Clearly communicate ideas in a visual manner, either as wireframes, or mock-ups
- Work closely with the UX and Game Design teams to know what type of player experience is intended
- Work closely with the programming team to implement menus into the game and verify the quality of said menus once implemented
- Mentor less experiences team members to contribute towards a cohesive, effective and motivated team
- Design motion graphics for in-game assets
- Discover solutions to make UI user-friendly
- Design icons
What you bring:
- College diploma in graphic design and multimedia or equivalent training/work experience
- 4+ years experience in creating interfaces for video games for both PC and console
- Experience working on game interfaces on two or more published titles
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software
- Creativity and sense of initiative (proactivity, originality and resourcefulness when searching for solutions)
- Show ownership and responsibility by pro-actively and independently driving tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to guide others and give feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Openness to constructive criticism and able to adapt to change
- Strong verbal and written English skills
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/