- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Ubisoft is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join the IT Live Games Coordination team. The IT Live Games domain helps Ubisoft’s game productions build and operate their online infrastructure : from the pre-launch phase : architecture, design, technology R&D, budget and cost management, tools recommendations, etc., during the development and launch phases, and after its launch : operations, reporting and metrics, 24/7 monitoring and administration and incidents/request management.
Reporting to the Project and Account Manager in charge of the Live Games Coordination Team, you collaborate with your teammates to automate and develop transversal solutions that will be used across and beyond our domain.
As a developer you will be involved in topics such as finance, budgeting, continuous improvements and process optimizations. You will have the sole responsibility with your teammates support to retro-engineer existing solutions made in Excel, design applications and propose related UI/UX, program Private and Public APIs and integrate such features into existing websites/portals.
- Design, code, document and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structure;
- Work alongside the team and managers to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Provide feedback in order to improve the system and its integration in order to meet customers’ needs;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies, recommends solutions and evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes;
- Communicate status to the project manager showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks, impacts of decisions and dependencies;
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes and adhere to the standards and best practices, actively contribute to corporate knowledge base and maintain excellent knowledge of the domain activity.
- Excellent server-side programming knowledge of Python with experience of one Python framework, i.e.: Flask, Django and ORM such as SQLAlchemy;
- Experienced with CI/CD concepts and modern configuration systems such as Git, Gitlab, Github, Jenkins with a DevOps mindset, you build it, you run it;
- Solid experience with database design usage, and proficiency with the following databases: MySQL and MS SQL;
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn, retro-engineer existing solutions and integrate with different tools and existing solutions;
- Excellent communication skills in French and in English.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.