UI Technical Artist
- Helsinki, Finland
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a friendly atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and diverse professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a talented
UI Technical Artist
You will implement UI assets into our game and make sure our players get a pixel-perfect experience! You will work alongside UI artists and UX designers to create and implement the vision for UI features in the engine. You have an eye for aesthetics and a technical mindset, and you thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the UI lead to bring the game’s UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
We offer you a key role in an ambitious project where multiple Ubisoft studios have come together to explore new frontiers. You will have the opportunity to work with core elements impacting the player experience. Your home base is RedLynx’s friendly studio in Helsinki where we are focused without forgetting how to have fun, and you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant colleagues both in Finland and in another Ubisoft studio abroad.
- Implement engaging, compelling and simple to navigate user interfaces for video games on console, PC and mobile platforms
- Prototype and implement functionality and design intentions
- Build and implement logical UI flows in the code while keeping in mind design and overall art treatments
- Screen-to-screen UI placement maintaining consistency through the entire interface
- Work directly with engineering to solve technical and implementation interface issues
- Adapt to varying art styles and direction
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute to creative solutions
- Develop designs with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental (design, engineering, test) team
Your skills and experience
- A few years of experience in a similar role (Technical Artist or UI Artist) with a strong technical background
- Experience creating and implementing UI art assets for PC or console, mobile games or, web development
- Successful background in innovative and intuitive user interface creation
- Experience with 2D image applications (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Knowledge of one or more types of 3D and animation software (such as 3ds Max, Maya)
- Expertise in motion graphics (such as After Effects, Flash, Scaleform)
- Able to rapidly conceptualize, present and execute ideas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines on a global level
We also appreciate
- Experience using in-game editors with inhouse or commercially available game engines
- Keen understanding of game workflows and pipelines
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 9th of May 2021 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! In the meantime, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
This job requires moving onsite to Finland and during the pandemic time, we are working remotely. We have successfully and safely relocated numerous new employees before and during COVID, so if you are interested to move to Finland, don’t hesitate to apply!
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.