Tools Programmer (Pipeline) – Harbour
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
When you’re a Tools Programmer within Harbour, you develop and improve the build and deployment pipeline and tools for our online libraries and services.
Working in a cutting-edge technology environment that combines C++, C#, Go, Python, Unity libraries and targets a range of platforms, game consoles, and cloud providers, you're responsible for assessing existing solutions and tools to establish an up-to-date pipeline that allows video game production teams to build, test, deploy, and integrate with ease.
What you’ll do
- Develop a modern build solution, improving build distribution by harnessing tools and tech to manage dependencies (NuGet, Docker, etc.).
- Continuously improve productivity processes: compilation, build process, test execution, etc.
- Integrate new and evolve existing solutions to handle distributed testing and complex, multi-platform integration testing + implement metrics and tools to monitor quality and performance.
- Collaborate with game development teams to enhance our current deployment processes for SDKs (Artefactory/Conan, etc.) and online services (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Evaluate and implement technologies + review and adapt our best practices.
- Gather and understand team needs to enrich the pipeline, help replicate it, and make it a new standard for a wide range of SDKs and online services.
- Be a go-to person in all DevOps-related topics (automation, infrastructure definition, configuration management, deployment, system and service monitoring, integration, continuous delivery, etc.).
What you bring
- Experience in software development and C++/C# build process automation
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and deployment tools (ideally for both SDKs and online services: Git/GitLab, Jenkins/Team City or equivalent, NuGet, Artifactory, Conan, and Docker/Kubernetes)
- Understanding of scripting languages
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills: you’re able to collaborate with an array of teams from a variety of technical backgrounds
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- The ability to solve problems and take initiative + quickly grasp and adapt to new tools and environments
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.