Unity Gameplay Programmer
- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com or our WeChat account (UBISOFT育碧or 育碧招聘).
同时，育碧成都工作室也是研发前沿性技术的领军者，其“Games As A Service (GAAS)” 的理念带领企业不断推陈出新。成都工作室的技术团队开发的产品被运用于育碧旗下众多知名游戏品牌，有效协助研发团队基于科学数据做出准确决策。
About the role:
The Gameplay Programmer autonomously develops gameplay related functions, assigned by the Lead Programmer.
What you will do:
- Develop simple and complex gameplay systems, such player’s action, character’s behavior, game elements and game progression.
- Create rapid prototypes using various languages to show a proof of concept of gameplay features.
- Produce tools or debug features to help designers or programmers polish gameplay features.
- Work closely with game designers to clarify design requirements.
- When assigned a gameplay function, breaks down the function into tasks and creates a plan and schedule.
- Complete your gameplay functions based on the plan, requirements and schedule approved by management.
- Capable to inform management ahead of time when tasks are falling behind schedule, and propose solutions.
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads.
- Correct defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
What you should be equipped with:
- Knowledge of C# programming language
- Hands-on experience with Unity3D engine
- Have a good understanding of mathematics, physics, artificial intelligence and gameplay mechanics.
- 2+ years gameplay programming experience.
- Able to program and debug complex applications using object-oriented or procedural programming.
- Knowledge of bug tracking, sprint planning, and wiki software.
- Knowledge of software development using Scrum and proper Scrum practices.
- Excellent Chinese language skills and good written English skill.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.