- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Working in the Global IT Department of Live Games, the members of the team bring in-depth knowledge of specific technical areas. The expertise put forward by the team can be found in several areas ranging from creation to infrastructure security, including container and database management and not forgetting the creation of development synchronization flows.
Through their work, team members provide indispensable support for mobile productions in North, South and Central America. As an Node.Js developer, you will work in a stimulating environment, in constant evolution, and in direct collaboration with the studio's future titles. The challenges you will take consist mainly of implementing solutions to overcome the obstacles encountered by mobile productions or optimizing existing systems to ensure their reliability and robustness and thus provide an ideal gaming experience.
It's an indispensable member who will provide value to mobile game productions and indirectly to the Montreal studio, with the goal of not only advancing Ubisoft, but challenging the industry.
Our team's goal is to build and maintain essential infrastructure and services for mobile game production developers. You will be responsible for:
- Develop the infrastructure, online services and tools that will allow the entire Live Games team to push the boundaries of innovation and evolution;
- Work closely with other team members and partners, from design through code review and testing to final solution delivery, and internationally;
- Integrate mobile production solutions with public cloud platforms;
- Design data storage, system and infrastructure resiliency solutions by suggesting solutions that drive continuous improvement of our systems and procedures;
- Aggregate, understand and analyze the business needs of production and other partners to best serve their interests;
- Develop strategies for cloud application integration, serverless, high flexibility and CI/CD deployment flows;
- Verify and validate that any new implementation is aligned with production needs and objectives and remains compatible, current and is optimized to the maximum extent;
- Document all implementations and participate in delivery demonstrations and knowledge sharing between teams.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker in a microservices based architecture and containerization systems;
- Very good knowledge of common tools and databases (MySql, DynamoDB, MongoDB, REDIS, ElasticSearch, etc.);
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code and tools such as Terraform and Ansible to work in Agile/Scrum mode;
- Very good collaborative spirit, detail oriented to the quality of the delivered solutions and respect of the delivery deadlines by managing priorities well and focused on customer satisfaction;
- Motivated to learn and experiment with new technologies and enjoys taking initiative and solving problems with innovative solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and bilingualism in French and English.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.