- Shanghai, China
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
In this project, our team is currently cooperationg with lead studio, art team is continually providing high-quality assets for a big IP project. As our Art Director, you will translate the vision to artistic assets, establish the artistic direction and create the visual style of the game. You are responsible for ensuring that visual elements are of highest quality. You will also act as visionary who inspires, motivates and supports the art team. Your work will include diving into the unknown and exploring different exciting possibilities.
What you will do:
- Define, hold and drive the team’s artistic vision in line with the overall art direction for the game
- Create a unified and consistent visual style for the team to follow
- Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production
- Lead the delivery of high-quality art assets under technical and production constrains
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the art team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- Keep informed about latest advances in game art technique and technology
- Participate in recruitment to build the artistic team & foster their growth.
What you should be equipped with:
- Deep experienced in crafting video game art
- Proven excellent leadership experience in the video game industry, 2 years of Art Direction experience, especially realistic art style
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games
- Good Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max); Ability to revise the work done by others and suggest improvements if necessary; with excellent artistic judgement
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- Exceptional knowledge in creature / character creation and anatomy.
- Great communication (and in English) and presentation skills combined with a positive attitude; Natural curiosity and creativity with the ability to explore new ideas and learn from others
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!