Character Artist – VR
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
About the Organization :-
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune! We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Designation :- Character Artist – VR Projects
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
As a Character Artist, you will be working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely with the Producer and the Art Director.In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will work on the creation of 3D assets with goal of pushing the game's visual quality to the max.You will be tasked with the following in particular:
- Understanding and following the visual style of the game and the concept guidelines, and make that shine through in the concepts
- Producing sketches to help the Art Director show the preliminary project intentions.
- Stating ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and creates of new illustrations.
- Effectively communicating visual intentions with wider team.
- Making any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision.
- Convey the color pallets sought by Art Director by using it in concepts iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail.
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve Character Art pipeline
- Monitor the quality of outsourced character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity.
- Provide proxy models for early game integration
- College Diploma/Degree in graphic design, 3D, video game development or equivalent training
- 5 years’ games industry experience with industry 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Experience working on published AAA games a strong advantage
- Self-sufficient and resourceful, you can work under high technical constraints.
- Benefiting from excellent relational skills, you are a team player and proactive.
- You have an inquisitive nature and a strong interest in the video games industry.
- Good understanding of human anatomy.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Good organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
Note: Applications without portfolio, will not be considered for this position.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.