Project Manager – Content (Harbour)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Project Manager, you'll guide content projects to make information about Harbour – its services, features, and more – available to the right people at the right place.
With a deep understanding of what's going on within Harbour, you'll establish and implement a content creation and management strategy – much of it technical – to enhance coherence, clarity, visibility, and knowledge sharing.
You'll support a small team of technical writers, content strategists, and community developers who produce content for a variety of internal audiences. You'll give the team structure and direction to streamline their pace and workflow by bringing them together to deliver lasting, quality documentation.
The impact of what you do will be huge. This documentation will transcend studios and time zones, being read by hundreds of Ubisoft employees around the world.
What you'll do
- Partner with various Harbour teams to gather, assess, and thoroughly understand their documentation needs.
- Plan content strategy by forecasting long-term deliverables + establish definitions, delays, sequencing, and task interdependencies.
- Enhance coordination and collaboration by creating a culture of openness and exchange that lets the team achieve common goals as a cohesive unit.
- Anticipate resource needs + give the team everything it needs to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, communication channels, etc.).
- Track and manage variances and issues to ensure that projects advance.
- Meet with team members to align tasks, clarify milestones, prioritize deliverables, discuss project progression and setbacks, etc.
- Build and communicate mandate status reports for stakeholders.
- Help define how to apply and respect best practices for content creation and management + keep an eye out for process improvement opportunities.
What you bring
- Project management or other relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of content project management, including technical, informational, and training content
- An influential, inspirational, and inclusive leadership style that rallies people around common goals
- Solid organizational skills, an eye for detail, and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills: you understand the importance of strong relationships and know how to adapt your communication style to the context (in English and French)
- A flair for analysis and innovation that pushes you to explore and introduce better ways of doing things
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.