Monetisation Designer [Unannounced Project] (407)
- Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Own and design the monetization opportunities that respect the core game vision and create fair and generous player experience.
- Work closely with the Monetization Manager and other relevant partners to promote monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention, increasing game revenue while keeping players experience fair and generous;
- Design sustainable monetization systems in line with the game’s long-term vision;
- Define pricing strategy for in-game store items, bundles, and promotions based on the overall monetization direction;
- Ensure monetization systems work in harmony with the game economy;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm monetization systems are well integrated in the core gameplay features;
- Monitor KPIs, review performance of current systems as well propose new solutions;
- Collaborate with Game Designers and the Monetization Manager to help identify, design and implement new features and items to improve user conversion, retention and monetization;
- Work closely with production, business and analytics to optimize revenue using data driven approach;
- Prepare competitive analysis on emerging monetization trends and identify ways of integrating it into game monetization strategy;
- Produce clear, effective design documentation according to project standards and develop an understanding of how to make it effective as possible;
- Aim to combine innovation and knowledge of existing standards to create monetization features which provide the best experience for players and highest revenue opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies regarding player acquisition, retention and monetization;
- Great knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an understanding of the core monetization strategies behind them;
- Good knowledge of key performance indicators for live games, ability to identify and predict trends based on KPI reports
- Strong ability to deconstruct core loop into smaller systems and identifying in them best possible opportunities for optional revenue sources;
- Strong analytical thinking, understanding features perceived value from players perspective and possible friction points;
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model complex systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of data.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, understanding prioritization based on systems impacts on the game’s monetization;
- Great knowledge of Excel and other relevant software i.e. analytics dashboards
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience in business, economics, statistics or similar;
- 2 years or more experience in game monetization, business performance, digital sales, product management or other relevant fields;
- Experience monetizing F2P AAA or Mobile games an asset
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.