Gameplay Programming Intern
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
Ubisoft’s game development teams are looking for programming interns. You will develop a strong understanding of the game development process, good programming skills, and the ability to work closely with designers and artists to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion. You may be involved with gameplay, user interface, rendering, engine or tool pipeline programming, depending on the applicant’s areas of expertise and the development team’s needs. A passion for games and programming is necessary for success.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, game programming or a similar field in a local university
If your field does not fall into these categories, then feel free to show us a portfolio of games developed by you!
- Able to commit for 6 months, internship must be recognised by the school
- Applicants must be able to commit the internship from 6th September 2021 till Febuary 4th 2022
- Game development experience is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge in C++ is a plus
- If you are unfamiliar with C++, you will be expected to learn it on the job
- Strong mathematics background (geometry, linear algebra, and probability) is a plus
- Passion for gaming and familiarity with Ubisoft games is a big plus!
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status