Game Tester - PC & Console
- Pune, Maharashtra, India
About the Organization
Ubisoft Pune is proud to be one of the most creative video game studios in India with over 600 + talented employees ranging over many areas of expertise. Just Dance, Prince of Persia, Steep, Grow Up or For Honor, are some of the amazing Ubisoft’s brands, our teams are working one.
We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow.
At Ubisoft we favour diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success. Besides, the friendly work environment, Pune is a fast growing city and a hub for the Indian economy.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
Job Title: Game Testers
**Note**: Final Designation / Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings
We are looking for an Game Testers to support the Reporting Manager to lead the team responsible for delivering awesome player experience by improving testing processes and quality services. In this role, you will build and support a team of gamers and engineers to ensure high quality standards and keep a strong relation with the development team. Your passion for games and eye for quality will help you lead and challenge a diverse crowd.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a part of Ubisoft QC Department, you will be involved in a complex process of quality control and serving the following mandates -
- Devise a test plan for the title to achieve the highest quality/smooth execution of the project and continuously follow-up on its evolution.
- Supervise the creation of test cases, along with the testers, to check and report the status on daily basis.
- Promoting and enforcing QC best practices across all team members.
- Understanding and defining areas to calculate the overall risk to the project. Devise strategies to mitigate those risks and communicate them to all stakeholders.
- Assign tasks to team with respect to their strengths and provide all the details in the task mail.
- Implement and maintain testing process to ensure both development team and QC team stays in the same page and issues are solved in efficiently.
- Challenge the testers on the test results and test cases to boost their quality of service.
- Contribute in the training program including Interviews, Recruitment and coaching of testers.
- Oversee bug database maintenance and bug standards.
- Follow up on requests from the development team.
- Ensure effective internal and external communication; and proactively implement initiatives to enhance test processes and foster collaboration between internal and external QC teams.
- Draft and communicate the daily report on the versions and submissions, send them to all stakeholders.
- Manage a team of 10-20 game testers and evaluate their performance on a regular basis.
- 3-5 years’ experience of testing in any Industry,
- Proven ability in managing and tracking schedules for a team of testers with shipped project as QC Lead.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Must have a passion for games, widely played games with in-depth knowledge of different types of games.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills to undertake collaborative work with teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and finding across disciplines and across multiple levels of management.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Familiar with any Bug Database (Jira, Hansoft, Mantis etc.)
- Experience in Game Industry
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities of a game tester
We at Ubisoft, provide the best possible resources and environment that stimulates growth in a fast paced and ever evolving industry. Some of the perks that would indulge you –
- Access to all Ubisoft Games without cost
- A chance to work on international AAA projects in partnership across multiple studios
- Experience the latest and forthcoming game engines developed internally
- Access to cutting edge hardware
- Opportunity to travel overseas and collaborate with colleagues from other studios or to participate in QC events
- A free and hearty breakfast
- Indoor games like pool, table tennis, etc.
- Regular video game tournaments organized internally
And much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.