Senior Gameplay Programmer
- Helsinki, Finland
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a friendly atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and diverse professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a
Senior Gameplay Programmer for a new AAA project
You will join a world-class open-world multiplayer project where several Ubisoft studios have come together to explore new frontiers. As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will turn game design vision and intentions into gameplay features that will create fun and smooth experiences for the player.
We are looking for somebody who has a strong capacity to translate creative intentions into technical solutions, so you are both an analytical engineer and a creative problem solver. As a senior member of the team, you can positively influence and motivate others and you communicate with impact. You are excited to stay on top of your expertise and spread the knowledge around you.
We offer you a key position in an ambitious and large project where you have the opportunity to work with core content impacting the player experience. Your home base is RedLynx’s friendly studio in Helsinki where we are focused without forgetting how to have fun, and you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant colleagues both in Finland and in other Ubisoft studios abroad.
We are currently looking to strengthen the team with another position as well. If people leaderships is more your thing, check this out: Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Design, implement and deliver robust gameplay systems and other features
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines (game designers, level designers, artists and tech teams) to ensure features meets the team’s needs and expectations
- Advocate quality and knowledge sharing by following agreed coding standards, setting up peer reviews and ensuring the creation of necessary documentation
Your skills and experience
- Several years of software development experience with significant involvement in at least one published game in a relevant programming capacity
- High-level knowledge of most areas of game mechanisms development (Game systems, AI, Control, Camera, Animation, UI, audio, etc.)
- Very good C/C++ programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of at least one game engine (commercial or in-house)
- Experience working with a large game codebase and its modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Knowledge of common online systems and the ability to debug networked/asynchronous systems
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
We also appreciate
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 2nd of May 2021 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
This job requires moving onsite to Finland and during the pandemic time, we are working remote. We have successfully and safely relocated numerous new employees before and during COVID, so if you are interested to move to Finland, don’t hesitate to apply!
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.