Senior Product Manager, Data
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
What you'll do
If you are looking to use your knowledge of product management skills to create data products and services – such as personalization engines – in a renowned video game company, this is the job you have been looking for.
You’ll be part of the Data science team based in Montreal that delivers models and tools to connect Ubisoft players to meaningful communication and enhanced experience, while increasing acquisition and engagement.
Working closely with data developer, data scientists and business leaders in a fast-growing environment, you will need to think holistically and understand business and players needs to set long term strategies for specific data products and services. The role requires a mix of technical depth, a passion for data and technology and a services-oriented mindset.
- Drive strategy, create roadmaps and set targets and milestones for data services.
- Define requirements across multiple business and technical teams to align vision to business and players’ needs.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and adjust priorities and schedules as needed.
- Analyze, evaluate, and propose solutions to manage risk around data services.
- Track defined metrics to measure success, analyze and present results to management and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain project management processes to ensure that documentation, reports, and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Communicate broadly and regularly about services updates.
- Collaborate with other product management teams to implement best practices.
What you bring to the team
- Senior expertise level in product management in the data products and services space.
- Hands on experience working with the data development teams to design and build products and services in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with big data technologies and the data vendor ecosystem (databases, streaming, cloud computing platforms, co-dev tools).
- Familiar with Machine Learning basic methods (clustering methods, recommenders, regressions, trees…) and coding languages (Python, Java…).
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills. Ability to think strategically and identify business priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with multiple teams and senior leaders.
- Interest in the gaming industry and empathy for players.
- Bilingual (French & English).
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.