Product Manager -China Game Market
- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
About the role
As Product Manager for China market, you will be working as part of a dynamic and passionate team in Chengdu to help various production and business teams to come up with suitable product strategies. You will also be the central point of contact in Chengdu studio to provide Chinese market related information and help other studios who are interested in this market to find the right opportunities.
What you will do
- Play and assess various released and in-production games within Ubisoft, provide game analysis accordingly.
- Evaluate the game’s potential for Chinese market, propose necessary design and content changes if needed.
- Pitch the China localization and publishing plan to production studios and help them to come up with production plans.
- Communicating and documenting project planning, production update, game design document, road map…
- Manage a portfolio of games that have strong potential for China market, design strategic plans for how these games should be released and published in China
- Act as the liaison person in Chengdu studio to connect and coordinate related topics between different China studios and our local publishing partners.
- Help business teams to evaluate and estimate Ubisoft games’ sales potential in China. Propose pricing, sales and marketing strategies accordingly.
- Support the production of all studies, researches and data analysis about Ubisoft games and competition in Chinese market.
- Follow up with the latest industry trends in China, provide critical updates and information for Ubisoft management and production studios on a periodic basis.
What you should be equipped with
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably Major in Marketing, Communications, Game Design or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years’ working experience in design or analysis functions in gaming, movie, entertainment, or consumer facing service industry.
- Candidates with previous game production or live operation experiences for PC games in China mainland would be considered first.
- Passion for games. Familiar with gaming industry trade and trendy topics would be an asset.
- Able to work independently, proactively and also a good team player, share the company core value and commit to meet the KPIs & deadlines under pressure.
- Strong presentation skills with excellent Excel, PPT, Visio and Photoshop capabilities.
- Language requirement: Mandarin speaker with proven excellent English skills in both written and verbal.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.