Associate Director Mobile Business Insight (W/M/NB)
- 93100 Montreuil, France
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives through original, memorable entertainment experiences. These teams bring to life whole new worlds – true playing fields in which players can freely express their imagination, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure, as well as fostering learning and discovery.
For more than 8 years, via its Ubisoft Mobile entity, Ubisoft has also shaped worlds on smartphones and tablets via its portfolio of mobile games.
At Ubisoft Mobile, you will have a chance to develop your skills and work alongside dedicated team members who are pioneers in their field, throughout the world.
You will be part of a warm and stimulating environment in which you can push back the boundaries of both the imagination and technology to create worlds that will inspire our players.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is seeking its global head of business insight for the mobile HQ.
As part of the publishing process before the launch, you are spearheading global acquisition forecast with your peers by leading business insights with expert from multiple backgrounds. Taking into account various sources of downloads you aspire to formalize acquisition and investment scenario that successfully describe a wide spectrum of business potentials. Based on benchmark and adhoc analysis you align studio and HQ teams behind a shared vision of projects’ potential.
For live project, you are responsible for the business analysis of our mobile portfolio. You work alongside partnership, advertising monetization, distribution and business development teams to formalize insights on their core business as well as new initiatives.
Long term, you aspire to produce insights that expand the scope of your analysis to actionable learning for user experience and segmentation purposes.
The successful candidate will combine the ability to influence internal partners, excellent analytical skills with a thorough understanding of mobile business models and distribution platforms.
This is a cross-functional role requiring effective collaboration, communication as well as a proactive approach to gather key data and provide insights on publishing, portfolio and sales strategies.
This position is part of the HQ sales and distribution team, based in Paris, France and will report to the senior director of business and distribution.
- Lead competitive benchmark and acquisition forecast effort across Publishing teams:
- Forecast downloads hypothesis for new launches and catalog titles, taking into account various in game and marketing investment;
- Detail results and target per Geo & distribution channels, acquisition pacing, target KPIs, technical and editorial USPs;
- Anticipate store support, featuring to download conversion, specific regional market conditions;
- Contribute to the deconstruction of competitors go to market strategy to advise on alternative publishing scenario and successful tactics;
- Sales Analysis & Business Intelligence:
- Conduct Business performance analysis for Ubisoft mobile apps portfolio to optimize revenue, acquisition and merchandising;
- Design and setup tableau dashboards to automate BI reporting and enable decision-making;
- Spearhead business performance reporting on mobile distribution and business development initiatives;
- Work with the ad monetization and distribution teams to provide analytics and business performance reporting;
- Tackle complex business challenges through adhoc analysis;
- Industry monitoring: apps & publisher, app store and app economy:
- Tackle hardware fragmentation: define and update a shortlist of devices representative of the addressable market in order to optimize app compatibility;
- Relentlessly ensure an In-depth understanding of app stores’ ecosystems, mobile market trends, as well as local specific distribution and payment channels;
- Monitor and analyze market evolution: Apple and Google app stores and mobile strategies, hardware and software innovation, tools and business model;
- Featuring, mobile-merchandizing and partner marketing:
- Monitor app featuring for both Ubisoft and competitors’ portfolio;
- Provide featuring recommendations based on trends: content, themes and initiative;
- Lead, train and develop a BI analyst, a business performance analyst and an intern.
- Passionate about technology and video games, you have a thorough understanding of mobile ecosystems and a great interest in their underlying business challenges: revenue model, player behavior, business strategy etc. Your proven expertise will allow you to understand and anticipate successful trends and changes in the market.
- You have a significant experience in a position combining business performance analysis, free-to-play business model and mobile distribution.
- You have demonstrated solid management skills in your previous position, aspire to coordinate complex topics as well as influence key stakeholders. You have demonstrated strong analytical skills, know how to manage your priorities and work on several projects at once. You are dynamic, enthusiastic, rigorous and love teamwork.
- High level of Proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Experience with Tableau software. Preferred: French speaking and working knowledge of SQL.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.