Production Manager/Project Manager
- Quebec City, QC, Canada
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
You’re super organized and a people person? We have the perfect opportunity for you! As a project manager, your mission is to maximise the team’s performance and help them achieve their goals. You will oversee one or more teams depending on the scope of the project. You will act as a coach and work in collaboration with the content and technical managers as well as the multidisciplinary production team to support them and ensure that we are continuously improving.
What it means in a day to day scenario
- You guide your team members so they understand the different production methodologies and processes, whether it’s Scrum for the teams working on iteration of the gameplay and missions, or Kanban for the teams that produce content (e.g. animations, 3D models, visual effects, audio, etc.).
- You give visibility to the content manager, the technical manager and the team on the features developed by ensuring regular monitoring of the order book, production indicators, issues, and deadlines. The objective is to allow the team to make the right decisions to improve the content and adapt the scope.
- You support the team and make sure that everyone follows the different stages defined for production, from planning deliverables to retrospective in order to promote continuous improvement.
- You support the team in the elaboration of the delivery plan, in the definition of expectations and you encourage them to adapt according to their velocity and the project priorities.
- As a coach, you support your team members so they can resolve their blockers and manage their dependencies with other teams or other participants.
- You help the team protect its objectives.
- You make sure that your team understands what is needed and anticipates the issues so that the content manager and the project management team can make the necessary decisions.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in project management, administration, or equivalent.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in agile project management (Lean, Kanban, Scrum. Experience in the video game industry is a plus).
- Knowledge of the Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and of the project management software (e.g. Jira). *
- Ability to coach a team so it can achieve its deliverables and priorities in the short, medium and long term.
- A collaborative, attentive, empathic and solution-oriented spirit.
- Excellent time management, organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness and great flexibility.
- Capacity to support change.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
What you send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !