- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
The Lead Artist will collaborate in following up on the art team’s work, coach team members, and validate production outcomes while overseeing part of the development of the game.
- Manages the Art Team
- Develops and motivates the team
- Assures that the mandate is accomplished
Your main mission
1. Managing the Art team:
- Estimate workload, suggest planning and set priorities for the art team;
- Conduct follow-ups on the advancement of the work of the team;
- Task distribution, based on people skills, development wishes and overall planning;
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment);
- Know the technical and artistic constraints so as to properly direct/coach the team.
2. Developing and motivating the team:
- Offer artistic support for the Art team;
- Know the technical and artistic constraints so as to properly direct/coach the team;
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members;
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
3. Assures that the mandate is accomplished:
- Responsible of the performance management of his/her team members;
- Suggest corrective measures when necessary so as to meet set objectives;
- Assist in the production of graphic assets & level art according to the project’s needs;
- Know the game’s storyline and gameplay (game design documents) and adjust the work to reflect these elements;
- Guarantee the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time;
- Conduct and be responsible for the reviews on art.
What you'll bring as experience
- Previous experience as a Level Artist in the video game production (modeling /texture, level art / characters);
- Experience in team management.
- Good knowledge of specific tools (3Ds max, Zbrush, Photoshop, …);
- Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to 3D engines and level editors;
- Up to date with the latest technologies;
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Ability to work in a team, with good leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.