Game Economy Designer
- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Under the supervision of the Game Director and the Lead Game Designer, you are responsible for managing all economic aspects of the game design. You control the virtual economy (how the player wins and spends resources and currencies in the game) alongside all other progression and reward systems. You are responsable for designing game features that compel, engage players on the long term and provide monetization opportunities. You identify, understand and develop the motivation drivers in the game economy context and provide data-driven recommendation on design.
Your main mission:
The main and routine tasks of the economic designer are related to:
- Model, tune and manage complex game systems & mechanics (rewards, features) to engage players & fulfill their needs;
- Understand the player’s key motivation levers (progression, reward, social);
- Design, prototype and support the economic systems to drive players to engage with the game’s economy.
Economics and statistics
- Use strong knowledge in macro and behavioral economics (game theory, sociology etc.) to create the in-game economy and its money life cycle (production, sinks, inflation);
- Define and fine tune all system related to player motivation, rewards and progression
- Define the virtual products (relation, life cycle, streams of availability);
- Collaborate with the data analyst to design the metrics system to ensure the data collection triggering economy adjustments and tuning;
- Support and work closely with the monetization manager to provide for monetization opportunities.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Specialization / experience in game design;
- Strong knowledge in economics;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with online games;
- Strong passion for gaming (RPG, MMORPG) and keen grasp of associated systems (progression, crafting, statistics etc.);
- Act with the consumer and the market in mind (stay informed of current events in the sector, analyze strengths and weaknesses of both our games and competitors’ games);
What you'll bring as a colleague:
- Strong analytical skills;
- Collaborate and communicate constructively in a friendly work environment;
- Seek improvement constantly (take initiatives, challenge yourself);
- Be creative;
- Good understanding of motivation drivers, learning theories, and usability;
- Good knowledge of quantitative data;
- Good understanding of players' psychology.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.