- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
As the Animation Director you will be responsible for the gameplay and cinematic animation content for an entire project.
You will ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to maximize the player’s experience
You are responsible for talent outreach: identifying, reaching out, meeting, and developing relationships with talent (artists, writers, directors, animators, etc.) with the goal of soliciting pitches for original AAA game content that meet the market standards and mandates.
- Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine;
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents;
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter;
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the project manager, technical director (TD) and the programming team;
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.);
- Direct the actors during MoCap sessions in order to follow the artistic vision in order to optimize the production of the animators.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Experience in video game animation or other relevant experience with proven track record of shipped titles
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, Premiere etc.)
- Good understanding of the game engine and tech limitations
- Experience working on large franchise properties
- Experience working with high profile strategic partners
What you'll bring as a colleague:
- Creative, imaginative and artistic flair
- Good Understanding of consumer products
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while demonstrating strong design skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment;
- Knowledge and passion for animation: deep understanding of animation production;
- Outstanding people skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong Connections with the animation community;
- Strong presentation skills: written and verbal communication skills.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.