Junior Technical Artist
- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
The Junior Technical Artist is a support role inside the Technical Art team, working closely with the Technical Directors, Technical Artists and the programming team, to help with simple asset and pipeline optimizations, to participate in the technical art features implementation, and to perform simple debugging on the project’s tools and processes.
Your main mission:
- Implementing optimizations and monitoring the performance of the game;
- Identifying and Implementing art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Creating technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implementing technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offering technical assistance to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation;
- Sharing with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Strong Gamer Culture and interest in videogame development;
- Basic knowledge of real-time rendering challenges and techniques;
- Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills;
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art) is very appreciated;
- Any relevant experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge and Interest in any of the following tech-art areas is also considered a plus:
- Rendering and Post-Effects
- Special FX
- Rigging and animation
- Physics simulations
What you'll bring as a colleague:
Fluency in English
Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.