On-Premise Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Quebec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
Joining our growing internal cloud hosting team, you’ll be an On-Premise Cloud infrastructure architect using you set of skills to help evolve and grow our internal Cloud hosting stack to provide improved features and performance in Cloud regions deployed in our datacenters across the globe. Furthermore, you’ll act as a driver of innovation within the organization who will be helping introduce radical new technologies, develop a technical vision and design components that adhere to that vision.
The architecture team’s guiding principle is to innovate and create a high-performance computing environment for internal hosting at Ubisoft. Our internal cloud hosting infrastructure is heavily leveraged by Ubisoft teams and challenges are numerous. You would get to apply your knowledge of leading open-source hosting and networking technologies in an agile team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Do R&D work to introduce new features, increase scaleability, resilience and improve performance of the platform; Some examples include using cutting-edge technologies like NVMeOF or smartNICs for hardware offload of overlay networking;
- Act as a mentor & guide to other team members, foster creativity, mutual respect, positive energy and open communication;
- Collaborate with internal game production partners to design and test the platform;
- Help define SLOs and SLIs following Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles to further enhance the reliability of the platform;
- Be a leader and take a hands-on approach to problem solving; We are looking for doers, not ivory tower architects;
- Work with internal partners and external vendors to provide input to the hardware procurement process;
- Work with internal partners from the network, hardware and storage teams to develop high performance solutions;
- Help build automation into the platform from day one as new features are rolled out;
- Foster good documentation through Architecture Decision Records (ADRs), diagrams and other documents.
- Expert knowledge of the Linux kernel host networking, storage, container and virtualization technologies with a focus on performance;
- Working knowledge of advanced networking or overlay network technologies on the host such as DPDK, SRIOV, OpenvSwitch or similar;
- Working knowledge to write and maintain scripts in Python, Go or other common languages used for automation tasks;
- Experience working in large scale environments & distributed systems with 300+ servers;
- Be curious and do not be afraid to ask questions and propose new ways of doing things that may be radically different from what is done today;
- Effectively understand and analyze both technical and business risks and impact by using a data driven approach via metrics and other tooling; Effectively communicate those risks to stakeholders so that they can make informed decisions;
- Command of English and French both written and verbally.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.