- Montreal, Canada
As a QA Programmer at Ubi MTL, you will create automated tests and validation tools to make QA an integral part of the game development life cycle.
You believe in working efficiently and testing thoroughly to achieve quality. Always on the lookout for ways to improve processes, you develop automated solutions that help production teams – in every department – take a proactive approach to quality assurance. You aim to ensure that features are validated consistently, so that bugs and glitches can be corrected now, prevented later, and never reach our players.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with team leads to understand their tasks, analyze workflows, and look for areas of improvement.
- Develop and implement custom tests and tools.
- Create and maintain documentation to serve as reference to guide interdependent teams.
- Train production team members on how to use your automated products + raise awareness of new processes.
- Follow up on your tests and tools to provide support and resolve problems.
- Come up with solutions to continuously optimize the QA process.
- Stay up to date on testing best practices and technological advancements to keep up with the industry + develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
What you bring
- Experience in software QA or engineering (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of programming languages (C++, Python, HTML, CSS, C#), Visual Studio, bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max), game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) & their limitations
- A solid understanding of QA methodologies, processes, and tools
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, creative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.