Data Analyst [Ubisoft Connect – PC & Access]
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Connect
At Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly.
Joining Ubisoft Connect means joining a team of passionate, extraordinary people driven by a common desire to innovate and create. Not only will you work across a variety of platforms, but you’ll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies currently available. You’ll also enjoy career advancement opportunities, a supportive and inclusive learning environment, and a competitive compensation package.
Located in Düsseldorf, we offer a work environment unique in the industry; one that will help refine your abilities while simultaneously developing a unified vision of the online services that power our games.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Ubisoft Connect. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
We are looking for a data analyst to join us in pursuit of making Ubisoft Connect the natural first pick as a gaming platform. As an analyst on our team, you will play a significant role in developing and enhancing the PC gaming experience for millions of people together with a team that is dedicated to delivering best services for gamers and game development teams across the globe.
- Analyze platform data and transform it into automated reporting, focusing on user acquisition, engagement and retention, as well as player behavior.
- Maintain and develop standard and event-specific reports to help the team understand how users interact with our platform.
- Supporting decisions by providing standard and event specific reports to help the team understand how players are reacting to changes
- Definition of player segments based on behavioral data
- Building and maintenance of the data warehouses and data pipelines in cooperation with BI development
- Design of telemetry events for new platform features and new requirements
- Support operations and developers with platform insights based on telemetry data
You as a person
You are eager to learn new things and appreciate every opportunity to grow your expertise. You have an excellent analytical mind with an interest in big data and the gaming industry. At the Ubisoft Connect team we value focus on being thorough, team-spirited and result oriented, while we aim to develop our platform and enhance the life of millions of PC gamers around the world. To maintain our live service, you’ll be joining a dynamic environment, where you will be presented with opportunities to grow and interesting challenges will be a part of the day-to-day work. So it is great if you know how to prioritize work, as well as ask for help when needed
- Relevant university degree with focus on data analytics/data science (Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or any other quantitative field), ideally combined with computer science or game development or an interest in data in a game development environment
- Good knowledge of SQL-based languages (MySQL, MSSQL/transactSQL, Hive, Impala)
- Experienced in (analytics) scripting languages, such as R or Python.
- Familiarity with dashboard/reporting solutions like Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy, Grafana or similar
- Knowledge of non-relational DBMS technologies (Key-value stores, object databases, etc.) is a plus
- Drive, enthusiasm and insight into gaming and software development to be able to push our platform to the next level, by utilizing their analytical mind-set in collaboration with gaming experience.
- Experience from working close to business/marketing is a plus
- You know some of the troubles of online gaming platforms or digital distribution
- Excellent English and communication skills
- Relocation Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.