Concept Artist [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. We have development studios in 28 countries and sell video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The youngest studio in the German network, Ubisoft Berlin is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an yet unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
We have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As a concept artist at Ubisoft Berlin you will be involved in creating the visual style for games that will be played all over the world by our millions of players. You’ll have the freedom to explore your creativity, channeling it to help make memorable worlds and characters that live long in the memory of gamers and leave a meaningful impact on their lives.
What you’ll be doing
- Create concept iterations & rough drafts to support our game teams
- Create inspirational artwork that defines the artistic vision of the project
- Collaborating and establishing communication lines between different disciplines
- Collaborating with Leads and the Art Director to establish concept needs for the project
- Cooperating with international Ubisoft teams to provide world class concept work
- Providing callouts and breakdowns of concept for internal and external artists
What you’ll bring
- Solid understanding of mood, lighting, color, shapes, composition, lighting, anatomy, material expression etc
- A solid foundation in traditional arts, ex: figure drawing, landscape painting and illustration
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration
- A good understanding of industrial design, architecture, and other relevant “form follows function” disciplines
- Basic knowledge of 3D software
- Up to date with Industry trends, creative software, and able to apply them in daily workflow
- Self-organised, eager to learn and evolve
- A go-getter and a great team player
- An excellent communicator, and fluent in English
What we’d like
- A link to your online digital portfolio alongside your application
Nice To Have
- Experience working in a studio environment
- Experience in AAA games
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe people do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for an employee to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com