Senior Environment Artist [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
- Malmö, Sweden
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Senior Environment (Level) Artist here at Massive, you'll get the chance to use your artistic eye to create gameplay spaces that not only play well but look visually stunning too. Utilizing the power of our in-house game engine - Snowdrop, you'll collaborate with fellow Artists, Tech Art, and Level Designers to create unique AAA game worlds. For this particular position, we're ideally seeking a Senior Artist with an ambition to work with realistic hard-surface environments.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Environmental storytelling through set dressing;
- Distribute and prop 3D assets throughout the game for great composition and readability;
- Build 3D scenes for environments based on concept art and reference imagery;
- Collaborate with Level Design Teams to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech Art to maintain performance requirements;
- Maintain quality, efficiency, and consistency across your work;
- Mentoring Junior colleagues.
You push what environment art can mean to a game through creative initiatives. You’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership for whatever's needed within the team, to make the game better. Your openness and flexibility complements this and enables you to provide insights from all parts of the development into your area of expertise, which makes you a valuable source of ideas and suggestions.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include Level/Environment Art and ideally, examples with a Human Industrial / Hard Surface elements);
- Proven experience working in the games industry with at least one AAA title to your name;
- Experience through several end-to-end game development cycles;
- Deep understanding of art fundamentals and design (including an understanding of composition, color theory and lighting);
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unity/Unreal;
- Solid understanding of the workflows required to create an asset from the Blockout stage to final quality, and optimization for real-time rendering.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.