Generalist Programmer (InnerSource)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a Generalist Programmer, you’ll support our test automation efforts by creating high-quality and feature-rich components for DTest, a primary distributed test framework and InnerSource project for automated testing.
Used by several game teams, like Rainbow 6, Assassin’s Creed, and Far Cry, DTest is a suite of tools that encapsulate automated test creation, distributed execution, and results collection across our titles.
Within a small team dedicated to maintaining this framework, you’ll ensure the scalability, stability, and continuous performance of all its aspects. Plus, you’ll collaborate closely with the community of programmers contributing to the project to help them integrate their changes safely and efficiently.
What you’ll do
- Develop new features within the DTest suite.
- Improve, debug, and optimize existing components.
- Create custom tools, scripts, and tests as necessary.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Take part in infrastructure software automation initiatives in partnership with project stakeholders.
- Write and maintain accessible technical documentation that will serve as a company-wide reference.
What you bring
- Extensive experience in C++ and/or C#
- Familiarly with build pipelines, test automation, and continuous delivery
- Communication skills that allow you to enhance collaboration in distributed teams
- Self-motivation, reliability, and the ability to take initiative
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience creating and working with microservices
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Mongo DB, MySQL, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience building and maintaining DevOps automation and tooling
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.