Senior Programmer [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you see yourself as a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to programming? Are you interested in how new tech can be used make games even better? Don’t miss this opportunity!
We are looking for a Senior Programmer for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Senior Programmer, you will have interactions with various teams and crafts to create forward-leaning components and systems to our engine. This includes contributing to specialized systems such as in the areas of Rendering, Gameplay, Network/Online, AI, etc. You will have the opportunity to create several iterations to ensure the systems satisfy the design brief whilst being technically elegant and performant. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you have amazing powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. Setting your stage, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things when required, to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining our generalist programming craft and report to one of our Technical Directors. You will be asked to be part of multidisciplinary feature teams to fully enhance the features and prototypes that goes into our project.
In this role you will...
- Work closely with other programmers to build functional systems following existing and new technical designs.
- Develop in a multithreaded environment using modern techniques and ideas.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet minimum requirements and matches project’s code style.
- Analyse and correct bugs identified by yourself, your close peers, development testers or people from other crafts.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
We would love if you...
- Have a master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Have experience from modern game engines and a never-ending curiosity for the games industry and new technology.
- Are already up to speed on latest standards in C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Are self-motivated and have a creative mindset to problem solving in code, knowing when you don’t need to re-invent the wheel.
- Are well-versed in profiling and low-level optimizations.
- Know how to follow software engineering principles and other best practices.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Find out more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.