Mocap Shoot Manager (3 months contract)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a Mocap Shoot Manager at Ubi MTL, you are responsible for managing the shooting sessions at Mocap Studio. In collaboration with the Mocap technical team and the production teams, you are responsible for analyzing the needs of shooting sessions, their preparation, ensuring their smooth running and follow-up.
What you’ll do
- Meet with the production teams to discuss their Mocap shooting needs and review the script to help them define their shotlist;
- Ensure the planning and preparation of Mocap shooting sessions;
- Be present during rehearsals and shooting sessions to ensure the smooth running and follow-up;
- Communicate, on a regular basis, the information concerning the shooting sessions to the different people involved;
- Assist, support and suggest, if necessary, the production teams regarding the casting,
- Follow up with Alice Studio for the needs of actors, characters and retargeting;
- Ensure the direction of the Mocap technical team during the shooting;
- Ensure the follow-up of the progress of the tasks assigned to the team;
- Advise the production teams on the procedure to follow before, during and after shooting;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the Mocap production processes;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you bring
- Experience in 3D animation
- Knowledge of :
- 3D software
- MotionBuilder: Mapping, Editing, Retargeting of motion capture data
- Shogun : motion capture software
- Understanding of constraints and motion capture characteristics
- A collaborative and customer service-oriented spirit
- Resourcefulness and problem solving skills
- The innovation that drives you to continuously improve work methods
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
- Good communication in English and French (oral and written)
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.