Art Director (Skull & Bones)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As an Art Director at Ubi MTL, you'll be at the helm of the creation of a rich, captivating, meaningful world players will immerse themselves in. You're fundamental to a game’s development: a member of the core team, the connection between the creative vision and the artists, the voice of the art team, and a brand ambassador.
You're a visionary who motivates, inspires, and supports an artistic team to transform concept to reality. As an empathetic leader, you not only provide your team with guidance but you let their encouraged ideas shape the artistic direction you set. You have the talent and known expertise to jump in and help produce visual content that is aligned with the creative vision and is, of course, AAA+ quality.
Thanks to your exceptional presentation skills, you can communicate your artistic vision to the brand management team to share with the public. You provide the visual guidelines for promotional material, ensuring consistency and bringing the in-game world to life.
What you’ll do
- Work with the producer and core creative team to define the vision of a game.
- Partner with lead artists to develop the artistic tone (set the ambiance; explore locations, key moments, emotional contrasts, characters, etc.).
- Create the visual style guide of a game (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions).
- Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout production.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Provide leadership and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Collaborate with members of interdependent teams in all stages of development.
- Participate in recruitment to build the artistic team & foster their growth.
What you bring
- Leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- A highly creative, collaborative, and empathetic spirit
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.