SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST (CREATION NEXT GEN CONSOLE)
- Da Nang, Vietnam
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre from instant games to Creation HD PC & next Gen Console games - first to be built and shipped from Ubisoft Vietnam.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
We are looking for highly talented and motivated person willing to build and ship the first console & PC game from Ubisoft Vietnam.
The Technical Artist acts a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
• Work with artists, modelers and animators to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
• Support and educate artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
• Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation
• Work closely with the Art Director and Art Lead to deliver the art vision within the projects while assuring the highest technical quality
• Assist with character rigging and tool creation
• Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
• Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
• Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
• Collaborate with engineers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
• Stand as the technical point of contact for technical issues related to asset production
• Produce documentation on pipeline, tools, methods, training, processes, and engine.
• At least 5 years of experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
• Must have shipped titles as a 3D Technical Artist
• Expert knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, Painter, Photoshop…
• Strong scripting experience with Python and PyMEL
• Experience with Unity engine and different game plaftorms
• Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya and its underlying API
• Experienced developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, 3DS Max, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of the performance implications of game art asset creation
• Experience working in node-based game engine editors
• Experience rigging 3D characters for animation
• Experience with version control systems such as Perforce, git, subversion, etc
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits