SENIOR 3D ANIMATOR (CREATION NEXT GEN CONSOLE)
- Da Nang, Vietnam
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre from instant games to Creation HD PC & next Gen Console games - first to be built and shipped from Ubisoft Vietnam.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
We are looking for a Senior 3D Animator to work on an unannounced HD project for next gen console and PC. You will have the responsibility to creates high quality animation for videogame features and delivers work that can be successfully integrated into the game engine, taking the technological constraints, schedule and artistic direction into account.
As a key member of the Art & Animation team, your journey would be
- Define style and tone for every in-game animations in par with the visual direction
- Define style and list of character's actions with attention to their personalities, facial expression and movements.
- Responsible and key contributor for creating high quality animation that will set standards for your team and vendors you work with
- Set-up guidelines for your team and external vendors and lead animation approvals
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering and the Art team to set and maintain an efficient animation pipeline
- Verify in-game animation quality with the Art and Animation Directors and adapt according to feedback
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to design custom rigs and skeletons
- Work with Art Director and Lead Artists to reach the high-quality objectives and ensure animation style stay consistent across the game
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Evaluate and promote the use of appropriate techniques and systems to support animation goals
- Develop and implement quality assurance protocols to review and approve animation work
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues and recommend solutions
- Mentor and inspire a team of animators
- Senior level experience as a game animator within the video games industry
- Shipped at least 2 AAA published games on console
- Experience working with 3D software, Maya preferred.
- Good technical skills involving character and animation pipelines including rigging and engine integration
- Up to date knowledge of current animation techniques and development processes
- Experience with video game standard tracking and communication software such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Outsourcing pipeline experience and feedback a huge plus.
- Experience with already existing IP is a plus
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS4, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits