Senior 3D Environment Artist - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on Assassin's Creed VR for the Oculus platform. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s iconic and legendary IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
As Environment Artist you will be responsible for creating high quality 3D environment assets for production to bring life and detail to the immersive world we are building and the captivating stories we are unfolding for our players to entice their curiosity.
- Creation of high quality 3D environment assets
- Integration of 3D assets into the game engine
- Close collaboration with the Art Director and Lead Artist to work within the visual style of the game
- Create high quality models and textures
- Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets
- Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Environment / Props artist in game development
- Great understanding of next gen asset creation workflows
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Strong texturing and painting skills
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
- AAA game experience is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
Please ensure the link to your portfolio works before submitting your application.
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
We want to help you stay an expert in your field and have guest speakers from the industry, workshops, online learning platforms, in-studio library and paid self-study time. With team events, various clubs, gaming groups, free German classes, you will find friends from all over the studio to bond with.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. Nature parks offer a sanctuary for those needing a break from city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
The application via our career portal must include your resume, and a cover letter (both in English) detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly travel budget
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Monthly childcare budget
- Discounted games & more
Diveristy & Inclusion: (f/m/d = female, male, diverse) At Ubisoft we foster an inclusive environment. All applications are welcome!
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.