QA Software Tester (Technology Group)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
When you’re a QA Software Tester within Ubi MTL’s Technology Group (TG), you contribute to the quality of a specific tool plus the experience of using it.
In your case, the tool in question is Atlas, this is our dynamic mapping web tool which is used to map our production game worlds. Imagine Google Maps, but for our game worlds, with the location of all the missions, objects, telemetry data and a whole host of other information and tools that allow to quickly iterate on the production of the game in a collaborative way. Come help us ensure the quality and stability of this product!
As a reliable member of the TG support team, you’ll help programmers work smarter, faster, and better by improving Atlas and giving them technical guidance along the way.
With a proactive approach to quality assurance, you’ll provide advanced tests over Atlas entire lifecycle. Plus, you'll be a go-to person for questions, available and able to identify issues and work closely with developers to resolve them.
What you’ll do
- Be the first point of contact for technical requests (over the phone, by email, and in person) from programmers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues, collaborating with developers and researching to do so.
- Create and run advanced tests.
- Provide tutorials and training to get programmers up to speed on using Atlas.
- Write and maintain documentation to serve as reference.
- Stay up to date on Atlas development + provide product updates.
- Come up with solutions to continuously optimize our quality assurance processes.
What you bring
- Experience in technical support or quality assurance (or other relevant experience)
- An understanding of APIs & continuous delivery pipelines and production tools
- Comprehension of software testing principles and working methodologies
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), test management software (e.g. TestRail or X-Ray), and test automation software and practices (e.g. TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, etc.)
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (e.g. Git/GitLab, Perforce, etc.)
- A collaborative spirit and customer service-oriented focus + English and French communication skills
- Resourcefulness: you may not always have the answers, but you know where to find them
- Good judgement (you can assess the significance and consequences of bugs, for example)
- In-depth knowledge of computers (advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, etc.) & an ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies
Nice to have:
- A basic understanding of a scripting language (preferably Python)
- Familiarity with databases and networks (e.g. SQL, MongoDB, etc) and server-client architecture
- Ability to identify web page defects with the browser console
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
About the Technology Group (TG)
The TG provides tools and middleware tailored to our production needs. From front-end to back-end services, our projects are diverse but share a common goal: improve the efficiency of our gaming pipelines and the quality of our games. In a collaborative and innovative environment, we explore ideas, test concepts, and try new technology to find solutions that help developers deliver the best player experiences possible.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.