Intermediate/Senior UI Programmer [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Avatar", "Far Cry", "For Honor", "Skull & Bones", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on "Skull and Bones" and an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
We have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
What you will do:
Your mission, as an UI Programmer, is to implement visual designs related to in-game menus, HUD and user interface. You will work closely with other disciplines to bring to life the vision of artists and designers and ensure visual quality for the game. If you are passionate about video games, UI and confident in writing C++, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume and a cover letter with the earliest starting date.
Day to Day of a UI Programmer at Ubisoft Berlin:
- Creating and updating UI components to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow
- Using your expertise to help colleagues make informed choices about the UI
- Creating layouts for UI Artists and Designers to work in
- Debugging and profiling code on multiple platforms
What you will bring:
- Previous professional experience, in the capacity of a UI Programmer role
- Good understanding of UX/UI design principles and ability to think user centric
- Programming skills in C++
- The understanding of working efficiently in a respectful and mature cross-functional team setup
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for childcare, company pension scheme
- Working in an innovative and international company - 70% of our employees come from abroad
- Mobility Budget for public transportation, bike leasing or car park spots
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.berlin.ubisoft.com.