Senior Game Systems Engineer
- Cary, NC, USA
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a player-centric game systems engineer to work on our next AAA title. You will work closely with designers, artist and other programmers to make the game vision a reality. If you are passionate about games and game development, have the ability to iterate and refine your work rapidly, and actively participate in bringing various game features to life this may be the job for you!
- Develop and implement gameplay systems in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay.
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems.
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes.
- Suggest solutions to maximize features and fulfill design desires.
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test, debug and document code.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 5 years game industry experience with 2 shipped titles
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++
- Perforce and Jira experience
- Basic 3D Math
- Console programming experience a plus
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, or physics
- Capable of working with and creating game scripting systems
- Practice developing in a Scrum or Agile development environment
- Strong understanding of the coding process, standards and methodologies
- Adept at working with game designers and artists to implement gameplay features
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, and rapid deployment of effective solutions
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work
- Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.