Lead Technical Artist [Avatar Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand-in-hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Lead Technical Artist at Massive, you'll mentor, manage, and motivate a team of Technical Artists to help create some of the most advanced content seen in video games. Once onboarded you'll drive Tech Art decisions for the project and set our in-house standards. You'll collaborate with other Leads, Producers, and multidisciplinary developers across our AAA production to help deliver features in-line with our art direction, and considering the performance optimization across platforms, and with the use of industry-leading tools like our Snowdrop node based game engine.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Mentoring, leading & supporting a senior team of Technical Artists;
- Investigating, enhancing and monitoring our Tech Art pipeline;
- Eventually, you'll become our in-house Snowdrop Tech Art expert, advising on performance and optimization to various stakeholders across production.
You are the missing link between Art & Code. You enjoy finding innovative solutions to existing game art and technical/graphical obstacles. You're a passionate coach and team player, having had previous experience driving a team through a previous major/AAA game release.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Ideally you have a relevant portfolio of your work (portfolio tip);
- Previous experience leading a major/AAA game production team through to release;
- Experience profiling, analyzing & optimizing console/PC performance;
- Several years experience as a Technical Artist on multiple projects;
- Relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Command of various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Maya, 3DSMAX, Substance);
- Experience with node-based visual scripting game engines (e.g. Snowdrop, Unreal or Unity);
- If you have knowledge of Python and HLSL languages, this will be a bonus!
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.