Senior Writer [Avatar Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re embarking on an amazing journey together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Senior Writer at Massive you'll work directly with the Lead Writer, the Lore Coordinator, and mentor the entire Narrative team to help create a cohesive and compelling narrative experience for our Avatar Game Project.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Writing compelling item and quest log descriptions that expand the lore;
- Mentoring and reviewing your junior colleagues work;
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a reality-based narrative within an existing IP;
- Writing both scripted and systemic dialogue;
- Developing character arcs and story beats through dialogue and other narrative elements;
- Revising and editing dialogue to ensure quality and consistency;
- Providing feedback on dialogue and the story;
- Collaborating with relevant internal teams, such as narrative design, audio, animation, level design, and AI.
You’ve a love for interactive storytelling and a background in games, film, TV, or theater. Your deep knowledge of writing compelling stories in close collaboration with other disciplines makes you a natural at creating immersive worlds, full of lore, and exciting adventures. Your creativity knows no limits, but you also understand the value of a good brief, meeting deadlines, and know constructive feedback, both when you give and receive it in a dynamic and flexible environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A strong portfolio/Writing samples (ideally 2-3 writing samples that showcase your strongest work, and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here);
- Exceptional dialogue skills;
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories from concept to completion within a large production;
- Experience working in a writers' room or similar collaborative environment;
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage;
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines;
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred;
- Strong copy-editing skills are preferred.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.