Product Owner [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Connect
At Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly.
Joining Ubisoft Connect means joining a team of passionate, extraordinary people driven by a common desire to innovate and create. Not only will you work across a variety of platforms, but you’ll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies currently available. You’ll also enjoy career advancement opportunities, a supportive and inclusive learning environment, and a competitive compensation package.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Ubisoft Connect. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network. More information at http://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for a dedicated product within our project. A product can be a set of tools, features or services with external and/or internal stakeholders.
In this position, you will be responsible to define and prioritize the Agile Team’s backlog, by gathering requirements from stakeholders, prioritize them, document them accordingly and work with the Agile Team to deliver within the agreed upon timeline.
The Product Owner collaborates closely with the Ubisoft Connect Management team to define the strategic directions for all products, with the agile team responsible for the delivery, and with stakeholders to understand needs.
Ultimately, you will be the specialist that holds the vision for your product(s) and knows its Return on Investment.
The perfect candidate will have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy, and agile methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product that our platform and services benefit from.
- Work with the Ubisoft Connect Program Manager and the agile team on establishing a product vision and a roadmap that aligns with the platform’s strategic mission and objectives.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for assigned products.
- Manage the relationship and communication with stakeholders on product related matters.
- Produce, analyze, refine and document stakeholders’ requirements and user stories to be included in the production planning.
- Ensure that the Agile Team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared and prioritized tasks to work on
- Work with the Program Manager and the Agile Team to prioritize features and stories with external dependencies, ensuring a transversal prioritization of the issues that need to be delivered.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories. Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with Ubisoft Connect Management and provide visibility both within and outside of the Ubisoft Connect project.
- Collaborate with the Agile Coach (Project Manager) to run successful release planning and sprint planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Ensure the product functionality is properly documented
- Ensures a good communication and training strategy on the released features
- Proactively resolves stakeholders’ satisfaction issues
You as a person
We are looking for a person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a major client focus.
It is important you can lead and inspire in a technical environment and collaborate with both technical and non-technical talent. You are driven and passionate about developing a digital distribution platform for games with millions of users and are a structured, result-oriented person.
Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create, and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems. You constantly innovate and improve product quality and group productivity. To succeed, you will need to be excellent of building strong relationships.
- 3+ years of experience in working as an Agile Product Owner, or in a similar position, in a technology or software development company
- knowledge of Agile processes and principles, backlog management techniques (story slicing, story mapping) and metrics (burn down metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time)
- Demonstrable expertise of Project Management fundamentals
- Good knowledge and acumen of IT Technology fundamentals and solutions.
- Proficiency with collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA Agile, Aha or equivalent, SharePoint, Confluence);
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and meeting coordination skills
- Analytical and synthesizing skills
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well structured
- Ability to prioritize activities in the face of competing demands
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis
Nice to have
- Experience with JIRA or similar tools
- Experience with Confluence or similar tools
- Affinity with technology and ability to grasp technical issues on a high level
- Good knowledge of Data & Analytics are a plus
- Certifications as Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are a plus.
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Passion for computer games
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.