Junior Development Tester [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
As a Development Tester on The Settlers, you will work to maintain the quality of our project by finding, reproducing, and documenting bugs, as well as providing feedback on how the game feels as a player.
- Perform daily build tests, and be responsible for the quality and stability of new game content and post-launch releases
- Work alongside content developers in Agile sprints to plan and perform tests against new game features
- Report and monitor bugs and game design problems in a large database
- Verify fixes applied by developers and ensure new bugs were not introduced
- Proactively escalate urgent issues encountered in the game
- Provide feedback on features in development
- Perform ad-hoc testing to find issues not covered by test plans
- Create and maintain documentation to aid with development and testing
- Assist in the testing of new project tools before they are deployed
- Ensure that the tested software meets first-party certification criteria as part of master certifications
- At least one year of experience in software or game testing
- Able to investigate bugs to find their simplest reproduction steps
- Able to describe complex bugs in concise writing
- Proficient in handling bug tracking databases (JIRA or similar)
- Experienced at working with test plans and reporting results
- Comfortable working with test teams and content development teams
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- You must be eligible to work in the EU without requiring a work permit or visa unless one is already obtained.
- Experience with Agile project development is a plus
- Experience in AAA game development is a plus
- Experience working in global teams is a plus
- ISTQB foundation level is a plus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
- Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year Düsseldorf is a lively and multicultural city. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.