Team Lead - Community Operations
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ubisoft's 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown!
We work in an ever-evolving and competitive business and need to provide consumer support which engages and amazes our customers who are more connected to us than ever before. The Consumer Relationship Centre provides our consumers with an awesome experience at every point of contact. This multilingual Center manages interactions with consumers through a range of communication channels including community management, email, social channels and chat. Working in close collaboration with the wider business, the CRC is a key driver to help us fulfill our mission: to enrich players’ lives with unique and memorable gaming experiences.
As a Team Lead Community Operations, you will manage and mentor a team of community experts to deliver the best experience to our fans and communities. As an inspiring and motivating leader, you will engage your team to hit their key goals, allow them to develop their own skills and push them to strive to provide the best they can, not only to our players, but to the entire team as well as a wide range of key stakeholders within the company.
You will join an international and culturally diverse team of community experts that share our passion for original and memorable games & strong values. You will work in close collaboration with Ubisoft teams across the organisation including but not limited to: support, production, marketing, programme management, etc.
- Lead, nurture and develop a diverse team of new and experienced community experts to enable them to empower their communities.
- Provide your team with the skills and information necessary to continuously grow and develop further within Ubisoft.
- Develop individualised KPIs for your team members and mentor them to help them achieve their goals.
- Build productive and meaningful relationships with teams throughout Ubisoft, ensuring that our team has the information it needs to provide the best-tailored community engagement for their communities.
- Collaborate with local and global teams, ensuring continuous improvements in all community fields, including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, outreach initiatives in the form of Community Leader Programmes, feedback reporting, etc.
- Help deliver market strategies that invigorate and engage players and foster community growth on a brand and local level
- Initiate and own projects to contribute to building the future of the team.
- You are fluent in English, with experience in Community Management in the Gaming Industry.
- You have a robust knowledge of social media, latest community tools and techniques, as well as a strong understanding of Gaming Communities with all their idiosyncrasies.
- You are a strong leader, with a creative drive and an outstanding team player, who motivates their team to deliver high quality results.
- You have outstanding communication skills with an ability to provide good direction to achieve tight deadlines under pressure.
- You are an expert at building relationships both with direct reports as well as with other Ubisoft departments.
- You are a passionate gamer with love for popular culture and all sorts of games.
- Experience in people management, in an international environment, and/or complex matrix organisations is a plus.
- Ideally, you have experience with listening and engagement tools.
This role might require occasional travel to other Ubisoft locations worldwide.
With Ubisoft CRC, you will receive a competitive salary along with:
- Personal Performance Bonus
- Private Health Insurance (including eye care and dental)
- Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Significant discount on the world’s best video games
- Access to Ubisoft's back catalogue on PC
- 25 days of holiday
- We work in the heart of Newcastle city centre, right on top of Haymarket Metro station in a lively, international and creative space.
- A kitchen stocked with cereals, fruits, teas, coffee
- Regular professional and social events
- Monthly Ubidrinks
- Flexible working hours
- A casual dress code
- Fun, we like to work hard but have a laugh too!
We offer a competitive salary with relocation support plus access to the most innovative, cutting-edge and ground-breaking titles on the market.
For the safety of all our teams we are currently working remotely. We hope to return to our CRC home very soon and anticipate a hybrid working pattern in the future.
The job is a permanent role and will be located in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.