Accounts Payable Specialist
- Alpharetta, GA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Founded in 2009 by industry veterans, Blue Mammoth Games is a Ubisoft studio in Atlanta, Georgia. Blue Mammoth developed and published Brawlhalla, now available on all platforms including mobile. This role will report to the NCSA Business office in San Francisco, and will be based out of Blue Mammoth. You'll find the friendliness, energy, and opportunity of an independent game developer with the professionalism and stability of a long established studio.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist II for its Accounts Payable department. This position is responsible for processing Marketing and Intercompany invoices, and ensuring transactions / approvals are in accordance with company guidelines and are recorded within the proper accounting period. Our ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently under tight deadlines and perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. The position is based in Alpharetta, GA and will report directly to the Manager of Accounts Payable.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Review and process complex vendor invoices with accuracy. Ensuring proper coding, documentation, approval and PO compliance. Ensure proper allocations of expenses across departments, products and projects.
- Resolve any invoice processing exceptions by working with appropriate co-workers and business partners.
- Process, monitor and reconcile inter-company transactions and balances.
- Ensure timely payments to vendors by meeting quality and timeliness standards. Monitor due dates to ensure timely payment. Prioritize payment of invoices for cash discounts and payment terms.
- Collaborate with purchasing team to improve the vendor onboarding process; including review, validation, approval and updating of Vendor terms-related details. Work closely with purchasing to ensure smooth process flow for purchase order related items.
- Provide customer service to the Marketing Team, Intercompany affiliates and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies related to vendor inquiries and payments. Reconcile vendor statements. Identify, research and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
- Directly support month-end close including tracking of vendor invoices for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding. Record journal entries, re-classes of expenses and accruals as needed.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice and payment discrepancies through proactive communication with Procurement, internal stakeholders and the vendors.
- Work closely with GL Accounting, Finance and internal stakeholders to ensure proper coding of expenses and resolution of any coding issues that arise.
- Provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits by pulling requested file samples and documentation and participating in walkthroughs of AP processes.
- Maintain files and documentation accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist in the documentation of internal AP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), review annually with peers and edit for accuracy.
- Assist AP Manager with process enhancement. Participate in AP projects as required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable, including full cycle AP experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to deal with outside vendors, employees and various levels of management in a professional and effective manner. High level of customer service required.
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, able to perform accurate data entry, work well under pressure with minimal or no supervision and meet strict deadlines. Ability to analyze accounts payable issues, recognize inconsistencies and recommend resolutions. Includes ability to independently resolve routine issues.
- Experience with large-scale financial systems preferred (PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in Excel a must
- Be a self-starter, have a positive attitude, maintain a solution-oriented work ethic.
- Heavy emphasis on communication and being a team-player.
- Motivated by new challenges, strive to be consistently learning and improving.
- Ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal business partners (financial and non-financial personnel both within the US and abroad).
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.