Online Systems Game Programmer [Rainbow Six Siege] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege is an intense, new approach to the first-person tactical online shooter experience. You can now join our team at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As an Online Systems Game Programmer on our team, you will work alongside world-class developers of different specializations, ranging from Front-End and Online to Engine Programming. Everyone on the team is eager to share their knowledge and for you to contribute your own expertise.
You will be given the opportunity to work on mandates that impact the overall performance of the title, as well as the productivity of the worldwide development team itself. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege is an ever-evolving title, as such, you will be tasked with finding solutions for complex technical challenges in our title, which boasts over 70 million registered players across 5 different platforms.
What you will do:
- Maintain our existing online services integrations for different kind of monetization features and other aspects of the game
- Integrating Ubisoft Service API changes
- Investigate efficient implementation options for new features
- Propose sensible code refactoring and reduce technical dept
- help us to keep our code quality on a high level; Finding a good balance between modern C++ within the existing project structures
- Analyze the project code to optimize performance, minimize errors and enhance the overall player experience
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, or any relevant qualifications with a strong technical background
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong skills in C++
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Focus on efficiency, code quality and user experience
- Ability to compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for video games and technology
*Ability to develop unit testing in a plus
*Deep understanding of game development process and practice is a plus
*Knowledge of the software development life-cycle is a plus
* Experience in on-demand cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/etc) is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/