Cloud Administrator - Linux
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Our infrastructure teams of 25 people from Montreal, Paris and Singapore are all part the Ubisoft DevOps journey. As part of this team, you will participate in our platform by developing, designing and creating our on premise cloud infrastructure currently hosted on Openstack. By bringing an understanding of storage, operating system internals, scaleability, reliability, and/or networking, you will help the team be successful in the organization and continue to thrive for success!
- Work with your team to invent, design, and build Cloud systems that are stable, performant and maintainable;
- Support the services in production by managing alerts, solving issues as they arise and applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
- Identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation;
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems, as well as use and improve CI/CD pipeline;
- Work on projects with internal customers, stakeholders, and peers to improve our systems and processes;
- Read, write, and debug code in order to understand, implement, and operate a complete system.
(On Call rotation between teammate, during local business hours, once a month)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Infrastructure administration;
- Experience on OpenStack or deep knowledge of GNU/Linux systems;
- English and French both written and verbally are required.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, scripting and orchestration/automation tools;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Sensu, Zabbix, or Prometheus is an asset;
- Knowledge in the development of high-performance and fault-tolerant systems;
- Experience with Container technology such as Kubernetes, or Docker is an asset.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.