Senior AI Game Designer [Star Wars Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We're looking for an experienced Game Designer focused on AI to help us create a wide range of enemies and non-hostile NPCs for our latest project.
You'll join an experienced international team, work closely with an experienced team of designers and multiple other disciplines as part of our unannounced project. In this position, you're going to have a major impact on the quality, design, and overall fun-factor of our game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing enemy archetypes as well as creatures and non-hostile characters
- Collaborating with developers to define and realize the combat core loop
- Taking NPCs from design to release quality and implementation
- You'll work in-engine; tweaking, scripting, and tuning features, and helping define what tools you need to do so
- Maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design Team.
You are passionate about games, game-dev, and the craft of game design. You're proactive and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your clearly defined goals. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you are expected to contribute with your expertise to achieve the highest quality possible. You have high standards in everything you do, and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
- Experience working with enemy AI/NPCs in a story-driven open-world game,
- Several years proven experience with multiple major titles credited to your name,
- As a Senior you should also have experience mentoring your junior colleagues and driving the development of features designated to you,
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, especially RPG and Action-Adventure games
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of node based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.