UX Director (M/F)
- Bordeaux, France
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Take entertainment to the next level, join us and create the unknown!
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 300 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
Here is an opportunity to join a stimulating, international, ambitious but friendly studio and work on our new, unannounced PVP Game!
As it is a new role in our studio, you will work closely with the UI team. You will have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of player interfaces for a new AAA game in collaboration with the dedicate team in Montreal.
- Collaborate with game designer and engineering to propose and implement UI solutions for the functionality, visuals and UX.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers.
- Align to design guidelines, create conventional user behavior that from competitors and references.
- Manage the UX team and share your vision with other studios
- +6 years of relevant experience in UI/UX Design within video games productions;
- Ability to use a business and user-centric approach to design;
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Ability to work within a continuous flow environment;
- Experience with prototyping tools like Sketch, Axure, etc...
- Execution of Information Architecture, wireframes, prototypes and graphical style guides;
- Strong understanding of Human-Computer interaction;
- Strong English communication and presentation skills;
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, ActionScript, etc...)
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.