Intermediate QA Specialist (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Far Cry", “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
We have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As part of the QA team you will help in making world class game experiences for millions of gamers worldwide. You will have a critical role in ensuring the quality of our products as part of a diverse and talented team. No two days will be the same – from testing the latest gameplay features to ensuring our games meet accessibility standards, you will have a big impact on what we do.
What you’ll be doing
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner following the respective milestone requirements.
- Track, review and assign bugs in the database that are relevant to the team.
- Perform regular backlog reviews of entered bugs, keeping it up to date;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance and impact of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Stay up to date with planned changes and plan ahead with relevant test cases, with focus on the quality of the game;
- Validate new/updated specific content, features, and fixes for quality and functionality, both before and after those changes are submitted to the game;
- Design, create, implement and maintain test cases, test scenarios and test automation frameworks.
- Work side-by-side with development teams in assisting bug investigation (reporting, reproduction, isolation) to ensure the title is achieving planned milestones
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing;
- Deliver feedback and reports to the development team and actively participate in Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Planning and Retrospectives.
What you’ll bring
- Self-organised, eager to learn and evolve
- Understanding of feature & content development in games
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate knowledge about automation and testing processes
- Intermediate knowledge about version control systems and bug tracking systems
- Fluent in English
What we’d like
- 1-2 years industry experience in QA/QC or equivalent, preferably in an embedded role
- At least one shipped AAA title or experience supporting the live phase of an AAA title
Nice To Have
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.berlin.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com