Technical Houdini Artist [Star Wars Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Houdini Technical Artist at Massive, you'll get the unique opportunity to work with our talented game dev teams to create assets, tools, and effects for our latest projects, which will increase the immersion and quality of the game experience. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it but it’s also about understanding both the level designers and artists’ needs in order to provide custom-tailored tools.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating Houdini digital assets for use in-game, cinematics and in conjunction with other DCC's
- Creating Houdini tools for automation
- Creating procedural geometry and animations
- Creating effects for use in the engine (pre-rendered and run-time)
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support
- Help solve specific issues blocking production
- Assist other team members in achieving their tasks more efficiently
- Training of colleagues
- Documentation of systems and art pipeline
- Safeguard memory budgets for art assets
- Performance optimization of art assets
You could describe yourself as an autonomous creative with a focus on goals. Your ability to de-construct reference material in order to build your own procedural versions makes you a hugely valued member to the team.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional working experience directly with Houdini
- Experienced with Python, VEX and Nuke
- Focus on upholding rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones
- Familiarity with game dev processes and techniques
- Overall artistic knowledge (composition, color, motion, etc.)
- Experience with other 3D programs is a bonus
- Knowledge of other programming languages (C#, C++, Java Script) is a bonus.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.