Senior Progression Game Designer [Star Wars Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Progression (Game) Designer at Massive, you'll help shape the player’s journey. You'll innovate and develop progression features, and find the perfect balance for our game economy. You'll pro-actively communicate with the dev team to align designs and intentions with Leads and Directors on a regular basis.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Maintaining, communicating and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with Directors, Lead Game Designers, and the design team.
- Translating and communicating the Director’s vision of our progression experience into tangible designs and features together with your team.
- Reviewing the balance and implementation of new features based on feedback and facilitate continuous improvements of these.
You are passionate about games, game-dev, and the craft of game design. You're proactive and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your clearly defined goals. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you are expected to contribute with your expertise to achieve the highest quality possible. You have high standards in everything you do, and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- Proven experience working with progression systems and balancing impact the player experiences,
- Several years industry experience, ideally with multiple major titles credited to your name,
- As a Senior you also have experience mentoring your junior colleagues and driving the development of specific features, assigned to you
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, especially RPG and Action Adventure games,
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping,
- Knowledge of node based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.