(Intermediate/Senior) Generalist Game Designer [Skull & Bones]
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As an Intermediate/Senior Generalist Game Designer your mission will be to tackle multiple features and design needs (conception, prototyping, balancing, etc.) in order to create the best possible user experience for the game.
You will be responsible for the entire feature life cycle, from early stages all the way through to release and frequent post-launch updates.
- Understand the intentions a Creative Vision has about the player experience and help realize them in the features you will be working on,
- Prototype, implement, balance and playtest features, overseeing them from initial concept to final implementation, ensuring the highest level of quality in everything you own,
- Take ownership over large, complex systems and make plans for how to implement them within the game while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders (Programming, Animation, AI, Level Design, Narrative, Art and others)
- Create, standardize and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines,
- Produce and oversee global UX/UI flow with detailed requirements while adapting it to the changing needs,
- Create game systems that answer the needs of the Game Director with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
- 3+ years in a designer capacity in the video games industry with at least one shipped AAA title
- Versatility: you enjoy learning and being involved in a wide variety of things
- Ability to work autonomously and produce excellent results while incorporating high-level requirements,
- Experience in working in a team in a fast-paced and iteratively minded professional environment,
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written,
- Scripting or other forms of independent prototyping skills.
You as a person:
- Problem-solving and open-minded,
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change,
- Autonomous and proactive attitude, result-oriented,
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken,
- Play games, watch streams (or stream yourself),
- Stay on top of the industry trends,
- Understand the value of playing together.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.